New Years Forum Topics. Talk Back!
Day 2: Tuesday, December 27, 2011
- The MAD Choir: Controversial video rants go viral. Check out the Black Women’s Manifesto and let us know what you think. What responsibility do artists, celebrities, and public figures have (if any) to their communities of belonging? To society, in general? Preaching to the choir or promoting stereotypes? What do you think?
Day 3: Wednesday, December 28, 2011
- Interrogating the Source: Are citizens more or less informed in the information age? Specifically, have you heard the Illuminati Conspiracy Theory? Or theories linking the Brotherhood of Freemasonry and Devil worship? Are JayZ and Kanye West in a secret Society? Is there a need to debunk all this nonsense or is there some other way to better serve truth and knowledge?
Day 4: Thursday, December 29, 2011
- Rape for Ratings: Is the explosion of sexualized violence on the big and small screen representative of a monstrous reality, a Hollywood S&M fantasy, or an effective suggestion that is self-promoting? Is the plight of women and all who desire peace and equality hurt, helped, or untouched by these images? Photo” From “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”.
Day 5: Friday, December 30, 2011
- Sports: ACC Hoops and the NFL Post-Season. Who are your favorites to win?
Day 6: Saturday, December 31, 2011
- New Year’s Eve TRIBES-Style: What will you be doing to bring in 2012?
Day 7: Sunday, January 1, 2012
- Planning for Your Dreams: How will you pursue your dreams and achieve your goals in the coming year?
Day 8: Monday, January 2! , 2012
- Coming Spring 2012 to TRIBES Magazine: Women in Hip Hop! Who are your favorite female MCs, both past and present? Share your memories related to women in hip hop (where were you the first time you heard Salt and Pepa?) and/or tell us about the unsung female MCs blowing up your speakers.
Calling all female MCs and women involved in the making of hip hop music and culture! Post your work.
Talk back!!! And Stay tuned.